.

.

November 24, 2008

Officially Approved!!

Yep that's right. Scot and I received our Certificate of Adoption Approval. It actually says...

Scot David Smith and Rebecca Jan Williamson Smith are officially approved for adoptive placement by The Gladney Center for Adoption as of this 17th day of the month of November in the year 2008.

The exciting waiting period begins. We've already completed our first education requirement. We took our infant CPR and safety class on November 17th. So we don't have to complete another education class until February, but I've already scheduled our Caring for your Newborn class on January 12, 2009. We're even signing up to get email through Gladney and then in December we're going to get a 1-800# in preparation for possible calls from birth mothers.

As my husband told Gladney in his interview..."Becca tends to look at life as the glass being half empty." Which is true but I still can't believe he said it. I do have my moments of optimism and that's why I'm including this little comment below. I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Life Goes On



2 comments:

Weintribe said...

congratulations!

I stumbled across your blog and LOVE to see other ABC families! We attended orientation in Feb of this year, and had placement in October of our beautiful baby girl.

Our experience was absolutely magical, and we treasure the relationship we have with our daughter's first mommy.

If you ever want a hand to hold, drop me a comment on our blog! (weintribe.blogspot.com)-I'm happy to help :)

Jen

The Bynum Family said...

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME!!! Congratulations to you and Scot! You two are so deserving and I look forward to all the new news to come!