.

.

February 9, 2009

OMGoodness!!

So at approximately 3:42 pm on February 9th I logged onto my email account to check my email. I noticed at 3:27 pm my caseworker from Gladney sent me an email. My heart almost leaped from my chest when I started reading the email. I couldn't believe it.

My caseworker told me that they were in the beginning stages of working with a birth mother. She's due at the end of February (I almost lost my breath) and she's having a little boy. (at this point I'm uncontrollably excited!) She has been receiving prenatal care and she lives in the GA area. Her race is Hispanic and African-American and the birth father is full African-American. So far the information is very positive, the birth mother is 20 years old, and she sounds like a neat girl. The caseworker will be meeting with her on Wednesday of this week to find out more detailed information. The caseworker will also be taking profiles and my caseworker wanted to know if we would like our profile shown to the birth mother.

My email response - "Yes, yes, yes. Most definitely show her our profile."

So of course Scot and I are very excited, which by no means BEGINS to describe what we're feeling at this point. Of course we are attempting to be somewhat calm and not get our hopes up because there's always a chance she won't like our profile. Of course that just means this isn't the baby for us. Scot of course is the levelheaded one and I'm the one freaking out thinking of what we'll do if we are chosen to love her beautiful baby boy.

My crazy, multi-tasking mind is thinking...
painting, wall paper, bedding, registering, diapers, feedings, adoption fees, daycare, traveling, etc.

Trust me the list goes on and on. I'm so lucky though to have Scot because he's the calm one and knows everything will come together. He's so wonderful, and I want him so much to be a Daddy!!

So please keep us in your prayers, and you guys will know when we know (either way)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I am so excited for you! A BOY!

Anonymous said...

Becca and Scot - We are all excited for both of you ! Adoption is such an amazing journey and we are wishing every good thing for you along the way.

Love, Raymond & Laura

and our Gladney baby, Gabriel

Jillian said...

Oh my goodness. I almost jumped out of my chair. Keeping my fingers crossed!