.

.

August 2, 2013

Quick Update

The Smith family has almost turned in ALL of their paperwork to Buckner International Adoption Agency. Whew!! We completely forgot how daunting it is to fill out all of the paperwork, answer the questionnaires with super private questions, send out reference forms, all three of us go for physicals, request physicians to prepare reports, complete our finances, finalize wills...well you get the idea. BUT IT'S ALL WELL WORTH IT, and everyone can see that when you meet Madilyn!!

We will attend our two-day adoption seminar at Buckner on August 15th and 16th. Also I'm hoping that my blog updates will be more consistent since our second adoption journey is beginning. We will also be creating a Facebook Page for anyone and everyone to join. Madilyn has requested we adopt a brother or sister so she can be a big sister.

We have found three wonderful companies to be our fundraising partners in Madilyn's quest to become a big sister. Madilyn, Scot, and I are currently working with 2 of the 3 companies to create specific jewelry and t-shirts that will help us fund raise. There will be much more information to come once everything has been finalized.

Scot is finishing up his summer internship with Gladney, and he will begin his final semester of college on August 22nd. We are all so excited that he will graduate in December 2013. I always give him a hard time but I'm so very proud of my Scooters because he never quit and he found his dream career. He will also begin his Fall internship with Gladney mid-August as well.

As for me...I'm still loving my position with my firm. August is my 1 year anniversary. I can't believe it. Time definitely flies. Oh and Scot convinced me to be co-VP with him for the next 2 years on the Fort Worth Gladney Family Association board. I obviously like staying busy.

A few fun facts about Madilyn...she can count to 100, she's learning to tie her shoes, she's speaking Spanish, she loves to make up her own songs and dance at the same time, AND she will start soccer in September. She is loving every minute of her 4 year old life, and Scot and I plan to keep it that way!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Love from the Smiths!!

No comments: