.

.

August 27, 2008

Changes have begun

Tonight was a tough night because we filled out our Statement of Faith. Scot and I know that we believe in God, but when you have to actually write it down it's not so easy (well for me anyway). Actually having to describe our spiritual beliefs and how we would teach our child about spiritual growth was not something I even thought about when I was pregnant. This entire adventure makes me see so many things and people in an entirely different light. It's almost as if it's my period of enlightenment, and I'm finally coming into my own. I believe Scot is seeing the world in a different light as well. In the beginning I thought we would be stressed out all the time, but more and more I'm finding that we are (dare I say) relaxed, laid back and mellowed out. For so many years we've strived to be patient with each other, use kinder words towards each other, and compromise...suddenly that's exactly what's happened. I'm not a very patient person, but I feel myself becoming more patient. You know how you always wonder, "Why did that happen to me or to us, and how am I supposed to see the good in something bad?" It's hard to explain, but I'm just now realizing that there is good coming from those terrible incidents from years ago, and I truly believe that they were preparing us for this point in our lives together. Now for some less deep topics.

Wednesday, August 27th, we submitted the majority of our paperwork and 25% of our adoption fee to Gladney. We've been cleared by the FBI, and the only few things left on our checklist is the background check and Scot's Dr. appt. Before we know it, it'll be time for the home study. Speaking of the home study...

We started making changes to the house to prepare for the home study and ultimately for the baby. Scot and I are so excited. A few weeks ago we painted the guest bedroom a smokey topaz and the room now has furniture and a queen-sized bed. It's actually very cozy. Then we also painted our bedroom (koi pond) and it has new furniture as well. The study/work-out room is complete too. We had so much fun painting together. However, I don't plan on painting again until it's time to prepare the nursery.

Other than that we're keeping busy, working, trying to save some money and have a little fun every now and again. For Labor Day Weekend I cooked a brisket for the first time and it turned out awesome. All of our friends loved it. We had a great time. In addition, I know Scot's looking forward to the Toby Keith concert this weekend. It was a little surprise from me so we're both excited. Hope you all enjoy the pics, and we'll talk to everyone soon. Later taters!!




2 comments:

The Bynum Family said...

Thanks for the update Becca! I love the colors you picked. Can't say I have ever heard of Koi Pond. I can definitely see how you are changing, you are such an incredible person! And I look forward to seeing you be a mom! Let us know if you need ANYTHING.

Anonymous said...

The rooms look great and, by the way, you look fantastic! So cool to hear from you! I miss you and your sis. Saw your mom (I believe) a year and a half ago. This new journey your on is awesome, I am excited for you guys. Totally will be praying. It is so true how we chill out as we get older and ponder on our past....what we've been through and if we have learned anything from it. I love you!