.

.

August 5, 2008

Gladney Called Today

The call came today from Gladney. Woo hoo!! A wonderful lady called to let us know that they reviewed our pre-application and we could be possible adoptive parents in their ABC program. ABC stands for African-American and Bi-racial Children. She did let me know that there was no availability in their Agency Assisted Program which refers to children that are full Caucasian, Asian, Hispanic, or Native American. I explained to her that Scot and I just want the opportunity to be parents and that race is not an issue.

So on August 15, 2008 from 8:45 to 3:30 we will be attending the adoption orientation in Fort Worth. She told me that I should be receiving our packet regarding the orientation in a few days. Once we attend the orientation then the ball is in our court as to whether we want to officially apply to adopt a child from the ABC program.

Once we submit our application and pay 25% of the adoptive fee then we will begin the home study process which takes 3-6 months.

There are no words to express my excitement at this point. I'm overwhelmed with emotions because I truly believe that next year Scot and I will be the parents of a beautiful child that we can call our own.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and Scot, Rebecca! I can't wait to be an aunt!
Love you, Rachel

Meta said...

You and Scot have such a wonderful outlook for the future. As you know, I am happily waiting to be "MeMe" to my first grandchild! Love you both, Mom

The Bynum Family said...

Wow! This is just incredible! I know you will be such a great mother Becca. Thanks for starting this blog so we can keep up with everything.

Anonymous said...

Becca & Scot

As you know, Raymond and I adopted a precious boy (Gabriel) through Gladney in 2005 and the adoption experience was pure joy (with some stressful times along the way) - an experience full of emotions, for certain. Becoming a parent is so magical, no matter how you get there. We are so excited for you and are wishing you every good thing along this amazing journey you are about to embark upon.

Raymond Laura and Gabriel