.

.

August 18, 2008

WOW!

Sooooooo...we attended the Adoption Orientation. All I can say is that our brains are overloaded with information! Everyone at Gladney was super sweet and very professional. The orientation was even entertaining and full of history. If you've never been, you should visit their museum at the agency and definitely watch the movie about Edna Gladney, "Blossoms in the Dust." I haven't seen it yet but I've heard it's wonderful.

Anyway...we received a very large notebook containing numerous forms to fill out and send back. We're actually half-way there and I can't believe it. I'm so overwhelmed because I want to get it all completed as soon as possible. This process will definitely teach me to be somewhat patient. If you know me at all, then you know I'm not patient. Yes, yes, patience is a virtue (as my mom would say). Tomorrow Scot and will head off to the police station to be fingerprinted. We will send our fingerprints to the FBI to receive FBI clearance.

I think one of the biggest tasks will be to fill out all of the financial forms showing our monthly expenses, debts, and assets. Ugggghhh!! Then we'll have to write our autobiographical letters and then finally creating our picture portfolios. It will be fun but not easy. So that's all for now. Be back to blog again soon!! Love you all!!

No comments: