.

.

June 11, 2009

Madilyn Peggy Smith

If you haven't heard or guessed from my title then you will be happy to hear that Madilyn Peggy Smith will be in our arms, hearts and home on Monday, June 15, 2009.

All day today I was furiously working to try and catch up on projects at work because I wanted to be able to hand off everything to my co-workers just in case we would be able to bring Madilyn home on Monday. So at 5:15 today (still working away) my cell phone rings and it's my caseworker Raquel. She so calmly says, "Hey Becca so how are?" I tell her I'm fine. She says, "Well Monday at noon we're all meeting at Johnny Carinos for lunch, then head to Gladney for the nursery time, take pictures, sign documents, make the payment, and you can take your daughter home with you." I think I was silent for a minute.........................................and then I said, "REALLY????!!!" As soon as we hung up I called all of my family members.

Later at home after talking on the phone all evening our home phone rings. It's the birth mother Rachel. She just wanted to make sure that we knew she had chosen us to adopt her daughter. Now I'm not a cryer, but I began to tear up as our conversation continued. She told me that she did not take this decision lightly. She looked at several profiles, spoke to a few other couples, but she knew immediately when she saw our profile that we were "the one couple" for her daughter. She went on to say that she knows she hasn't met us yet, but after talking on the phone Wednesday night she knew she had made the right decision. I told Rachel that we were so thankful to her for choosing and trusting us to love and protect her daughter forever and always. I told her that we knew this was not an easy decision and her daughter would know that she was adopted because her mother wanted the best life could offer her. Rachel is the sweetest, most sincere person I have ever met. Scot and I can't wait to meet her on Monday. We are so excited.

Madilyn was born May 7, 2009. She weighed 7 lbs., 15 oz., and was 21 inches long. It's so exciting because Madilyn and Kenna (my niece) are only be 13 days apart. My family is very excited and as soon as I have picture of her I will post them!!

Love and blessings to everyone!

7 comments:

Meta said...

I just love this grandmother thing! I am so excited for you and Scot and can NOT WAIT to meet my newest grandbaby! I love you!

Robyn said...

Congratulations Becca & Scot. Monday will be overwhelming but try to remember as much of it as you can. (And yes, even though you are not a cryer ... bring the tissue. You'll cry.)

Also, be prepared to be there for awhile on Monday. Give Rachel as much time as you can and you will know when it is time to go.

Can't wait to meet your bundle of joy.

Weintribe said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGE congrats you guys!!! I can't wait to see photos!!!

Jenay said...

What exciting news! Congratulations and I am sure the weekend will be long but I am also sure you can stay busy preparing for the newest member of your family.

The Bynum Family said...

Seriously, I am crying and it is not even 10am yet! Congratulations Becca and Scot! What a blessing for little Madilyn :)

Raymond, Laura, Gabriel said...

Becca, I just read your blog tonight and Raymond and I were thrilled to hear the news about Madilyn. We all feel like we've taken this journey with you and Scot. We look forward to meeting Madilyn. I will be thinking about you, Scot and Madilyn all day on Monday.
Love, Raymond, Laura and
Gabriel Gonzales (also a Gladney baby)

Weintribe said...

I've been thinking about all of you ALL day today. Sure hope you're tucking a sweet baby girl into bed :)